Akelarre: Basa de la Mora - Turbón
Route starts in the village of Saravillo, located in the valley of Gistaín, one of those Sobarbe ‘s corners of incomparable beauty.
Along the way we visit the mountain lakes, and spend the night in the Basa de la Mora, one of the most beautiful alpine lakes of our mountains. During the route we will ascend to the main peak of the limestone massif: Cotiella (2,912 m). This limestone massif is protected by the rocks of the Diez (2,568 m), Once (2,658 m) and Medio día (2468 m). Are so named because it is the sun position’s houre as seen from the village of Plan. They are all easy to climb and with great views of the highest massifs of the Pyrenees.
If we have time we will visit Punta de Armeña (2,822 m), the tip of the Neiss (2,751 m) or Cotielleta (2,731 m). We will cross the valley of Benasque by the stunning hill of Chia, and we go into the woods of birch and oak Bisaurri Valley, fascinating place of Aragon Ribagorza inhabited emblematic species such as the brown bear and grouse. The end of the route runs to the Turbón massif, Pyrenees mountain magic par excellence. One of those places full of history and mythology.
We finish at Turbón Vilas hot springs Spa.
Meet at 9:00 am in the Vilas del Turbón's spa.
Get the van until Saravillo. 11:00 am Activity starts.
Fifth day we will reach the spa. Dinner.
Day 1: Saravillo - Basa de la Mora
960 m vertical rise. 4 hours
Day 2: Basa Mora - Ascensión Peñas Diez
Once y Mediodía- Basa Mora. 500 m desnivel. 3.30 hours
Basa Mora - Refugio Armeña. 435 m up + 510 m down. 3 hours.
Day 3: Refugio Armeña - Cotiella 2.912m
1.077m vertical rise. 3 hours
Day 4: Refugio armeña - Gabas
Day 5: Gabás - Turbón
The equipment is limited to what is necessary to bring during the route. We will give each passenger a personal 40 liter bag capacity to store everything you need and it will be carried by the mules.
The traveler should carry enough shelter and water.
Also, each person must take the material that is likely to break if the load carried by mules fall down.
In each chosen route will be a series of essential technical materials specified in each activity.
Essential equipment to Pack
- Hiking Boots: The boots should be comfortable, cover the ankles and it is essential that you have used them before this trip to avoid blisters and chafing. Some good socks are also very important.
- Comfortable to be in camp Shoes: A comfortable sandals or flip flops and you can keep up with socks (usually cool at night)
- Sleeping bag:
- Summer: Have at least a comfortable temperature of 0 º. The temperature at night can reach below zero.
- Spring and Autumn: You should expect a temperature of at least -5 ° (especially in high mountain routes).
- A Sleeping bag sheet is highly recommended, normally gives us a couple of degrees and helps keep the outer bag in good condition
- Clothing for walking in the mountains:
- thermal shirts
- waterproof clothes
- Sun protection:
- Sun cream factor 50 minimum
- Frontal (mining style) or Lantern: The batteries are necessary in both cases.
- Canteen one liter minimum.
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses, has a spare.
- Basic kit. If you need medications, do not forget.
- Documentation: Valid passport or identity card.
- Personal hygiene products.
You also should bring
- Batteries and memory cards parts for electrical appliances.