The Natural Park of the Sierra and Canyons of Guara is the largest natural space of Aragon.
With unique fauna and flora, this park is also recognized as one of the best places in Europe to practice climbing and canyoning.
This is an activity in which not only the beauty of the Sierra de Guara will be the main attraction, but intersperse the breathtaking landscapes, to sports activity declines most spectacular gorges in the area. Never forgetting the local cuisine.
Hiking down the river we will see the geological formations the river’s water have modeled: waterfalls, caves, potholes, potholes, galleries, springs, chaos block by landslides, karst cavities, springs, hollows and impressive vertical walls of limestone and conglomerate . Our camp will be set up in different places, such as, abandoned villages (Otin, Nasarre ...) and the sandy river’s shore, as we walk the Alcanadre’s river through the gullies: Gorgas black, Barracil upper, Peonera and Peonera inferior.
We will meet at 10:00 am in Bierge's village.
Fifth day we will arrive at Bierge. Dinner.
Meet in Bierge at 10:00 am, take the van until Las Bellostas's village, walk until Nasarre's village ( 3h or 4h walk), there we will spend the night.
10:00 We start in Nasarre, with all the canyoning material and go to the first canyon (Gorgas Negras 7 hours activity). Camp is placed at the end of the canyon.
We wake up and get ready for the second canyon, Barracil (4 hours activity), after finished, we walt to San Saturnino where the camp is placed.
Wake up in Saturnino and then go toPeonera superior (around 4 hours canyon activity), we finish in Morrano's village where we spent the night.
We start heading to Peonera Inferior (around 5h activity), end up at Bierge where we will taste a delicious "asado" at the "El Alcanadre" restaurant.
For this activitie, Trekking Mule will bring this equipment for you
- Canyoning guide, mules and chef.
- All the technichal equipment for canyoning activity: wetsuit, booties, harness, helmet, backpack and waterproof container.
During the route
The equipment is limited to what is necessary to bring during the route. We will give each passenger a personal 40 liter bag capacity to store everything you need and it will be carried by the mules.
The traveler should carry enough shelter and water.
Also, each person must take the material that is likely to break if the load carried by mules fall down.
In each chosen route will be a series of essential technical materials specified in each activity.
Essential equipment to Pack
- Hiking Boots: The boots should be comfortable, cover the ankles and it is essential that you have used them before this trip to avoid blisters and chafing. Some good socks are also very important.
- Comfortable to be in camp Shoes: A comfortable sandals or flip flops and you can keep up with socks (usually cool at night)
- Sleeping bag:
- Summer: Have at least a comfortable temperature of 0 º. The temperature at night can reach below zero.
- Spring and Autumn: You should expect a temperature of at least -5 ° (especially in high mountain routes).
- A Sleeping bag sheet is highly recommended, normally gives us a couple of degrees and helps keep the outer bag in good condition
- Clothing for walking in the mountains:
- thermal shirts
- waterproof clothes
- Sun protection:
- Sun cream factor 50 minimum
- Frontal (mining style) or Lantern: The batteries are necessary in both cases.
- Canteen one liter minimum.
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses, has a spare.
- Basic kit. If you need medications, do not forget.
- Documentation: Valid passport or identity card.
- Personal hygiene products.
You also should bring
- Batteries and memory cards parts for electrical appliances.