Following Lucien Briet footsteps
There are routes emanating stories of what we were and many of them have been forgotten.
Nomads. People going from one place to another looking for subsistence.
The walk along the path through the Sierra de Sevil, lead us to a distant past, where people filled these mountains since the Neolithic period, if not before.
Road traffic cattle since ancient times, as evidenced by recent findings (Cave Drólica) and well known dolmens.
Nexus between Muslim and local highlanders for centuries.
Defensive line, with its castles of the twelfth century, De Los Santos, Surta y Morcat.
And in the last few centuries home of large migratory flocks from the plain to the mountains of Sobrarbe and France and merchants pass from either side of the "muga" with not always legal goods.
We will walk through the mountain range that runs north to south watching the deep river canyon Balcels at our feet.
We will visit the ancient yew De Los Santos.
We will glimpse the depopulation of a before crowded territory, where the only sound is the air.
We seem to hear the sound of "tricks" and "esquillas" of the great herds, knowing how sheepherding once worked.
Day 1: Gavarnie - Bujaruelo
Day 2: Bujaruelo - Broto
Day 3: Broto - Ligüerre ara
Day 4: Ligüerre - Mesón de Fueva
Day 5: Mesón Fueva - Pueyo Morcat
Day 6: Pueyo Morcat - Bellostas
Day 7: Bellostas - Sarsa de Surta
Day 8: Sarsa - Lecina
Day 9: Lecina - Alquézar - Spa
The equipment is limited to what is necessary to bring during the route. We will give each passenger a personal 40 liter bag capacity to store everything you need and it will be carried by the mules.
The traveler should carry enough shelter and water.
Also, each person must take the material that is likely to break if the load carried by mules fall down.
In each chosen route will be a series of essential technical materials specified in each activity.
Essential equipment to Pack
- Hiking Boots: The boots should be comfortable, cover the ankles and it is essential that you have used them before this trip to avoid blisters and chafing. Some good socks are also very important.
- Comfortable to be in camp Shoes: A comfortable sandals or flip flops and you can keep up with socks (usually cool at night)
- Sleeping bag:
- Summer: Have at least a comfortable temperature of 0 º. The temperature at night can reach below zero.
- Spring and Autumn: You should expect a temperature of at least -5 ° (especially in high mountain routes).
- A Sleeping bag sheet is highly recommended, normally gives us a couple of degrees and helps keep the outer bag in good condition
- Clothing for walking in the mountains:
- thermal shirts
- waterproof clothes
- Sun protection:
- Sun cream factor 50 minimum
- Frontal (mining style) or Lantern: The batteries are necessary in both cases.
- Canteen one liter minimum.
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses, has a spare.
- Basic kit. If you need medications, do not forget.
- Documentation: Valid passport or identity card.
- Personal hygiene products.
You also should bring
- Batteries and memory cards parts for electrical appliances.