GR 11. Crossing the Oriental Pyrenees
This part of the path, although it runs along the same chain, is totally different from the western one.
We go next to the giants of the massif, and if you want we can climb them.
Visit the magnificents Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park and Posets-Maladeta Natural Park. Walking through these mountains we will have time to admire the whimsical shapes of the rocks. We will surprised the sarrios, bearded and marmots that inhabit its corners and forests. And we will stop to admire and learn the stories that keep the villages of the Pyrenees.
Ribagorza Sobrarbe will discover us that there are other ways of living that are not rushing.We will appreciate it from the high hills that bind and separate them at once.
This route, like the western stretch is best made from east to west, because in this way, when we walk early, the sun will give us back without us blind.
From Viella's village
Day 1: Viella - Ibones de LLauset
Day 2: Ibones llauset - Refugio Pescadores
Day 3: Refugio pescadores - Aneto - Refugio pescadores
Day 4: Refugio pescadores - Estós's Valley
Day 5: Estós - Biadós
Day 6: Biadós - Ordiceto
Day 7: Ordiceto- Chisagües
Day 8: Chisagües- Pineta - Spa
The equipment is limited to what is necessary to bring during the route. We will give each passenger a personal 40 liter bag capacity to store everything you need and it will be carried by the mules.
The traveler should carry enough shelter and water.
Also, each person must take the material that is likely to break if the load carried by mules fall down.
In each chosen route will be a series of essential technical materials specified in each activity.
Essential equipment to Pack
- Hiking Boots: The boots should be comfortable, cover the ankles and it is essential that you have used them before this trip to avoid blisters and chafing. Some good socks are also very important.
- Comfortable to be in camp Shoes: A comfortable sandals or flip flops and you can keep up with socks (usually cool at night)
- Sleeping bag:
- Summer: Have at least a comfortable temperature of 0 º. The temperature at night can reach below zero.
- Spring and Autumn: You should expect a temperature of at least -5 ° (especially in high mountain routes).
- A Sleeping bag sheet is highly recommended, normally gives us a couple of degrees and helps keep the outer bag in good condition
- Clothing for walking in the mountains:
- thermal shirts
- waterproof clothes
- Sun protection:
- Sun cream factor 50 minimum
- Frontal (mining style) or Lantern: The batteries are necessary in both cases.
- Canteen one liter minimum.
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses, has a spare.
- Basic kit. If you need medications, do not forget.
- Documentation: Valid passport or identity card.
- Personal hygiene products.
You also should bring
- Batteries and memory cards parts for electrical appliances.