GR-11 / GR-15 combined
The GR-11 is the route through the Pyrenees on the Spanish side, going throught advantage trails, roads, forest tracks and real canyons. It goes from Cape Creus in Catalonia to Cape Higuer in the Basque Country. The GR 15 runs from Pont de suert to Pamplona, a little shorter than the GR 11.
Walking through these mountains we will take our time to admire the whimsical shapes of the rocks. We will surprise sarrios, bearded and marmots that inhabit its corners and forests. We stop to admire and learn the stories that keep the towns of the Pyrenees.
Our mobile camps will be with us at all times and will alternate dinners in the mountain huts that are along the way. We have chosen some unique places to set up camp and enjoy the starry nights in the Pyrenees.
The route that we propose begins in Vilas del Turbón spa (where we will end up soaking in the hot springs!), through the Sobrarbe and Ribagorza combining with climbing up some peaks around. All this in 10 days of activity. But if you do not have so many days off or have too many, we can plan some alternative route out. Contact us to arrange the stages.
We will meet at 9:00 am at Vilas del Turbón's village.
Day 1: Vilas - Gabás
Day 2: Gabás - Armeña
Day 3: Armeña - Basa mora
Day 4: Basa mora - Cotiella- Basa mora
Day 5: Basa Mora - Cruz de guardia
Day 6: Cruz de Guardia - Ibón ordiceto
Day 7: Ordiceto - Biadós valley
Day 8: Biadós - Besurta
Day 9: Besurta - Aneto - Pescadores
Day 10 Pescadores - Spa
The equipment is limited to what is necessary to bring during the route. We will give each passenger a personal 40 liter bag capacity to store everything you need and it will be carried by the mules.
The traveler should carry enough shelter and water.
Also, each person must take the material that is likely to break if the load carried by mules fall down.
In each chosen route will be a series of essential technical materials specified in each activity.
Essential equipment to Pack
- Hiking Boots: The boots should be comfortable, cover the ankles and it is essential that you have used them before this trip to avoid blisters and chafing. Some good socks are also very important.
- Comfortable to be in camp Shoes: A comfortable sandals or flip flops and you can keep up with socks (usually cool at night)
- Sleeping bag:
- Summer: Have at least a comfortable temperature of 0 º. The temperature at night can reach below zero.
- Spring and Autumn: You should expect a temperature of at least -5 ° (especially in high mountain routes).
- A Sleeping bag sheet is highly recommended, normally gives us a couple of degrees and helps keep the outer bag in good condition
- Clothing for walking in the mountains:
- thermal shirts
- waterproof clothes
- Sun protection:
- Sun cream factor 50 minimum
- Frontal (mining style) or Lantern: The batteries are necessary in both cases.
- Canteen one liter minimum.
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses, has a spare.
- Basic kit. If you need medications, do not forget.
- Documentation: Valid passport or identity card.
- Personal hygiene products.
You also should bring
- Batteries and memory cards parts for electrical appliances.