GR 11 Western Aragonese Pyrenees
We suggest a dream. To make your journey as often desired, and with all the amenities you can get in the mountain. The GR-11 is the route through the Pyrenees on the Spanish side going through trails, roads, forest tracks and real canyons. It goes from Cape Creus in Catalonia to Cape Higuer in the Basque Country.
Because of its long duration we’ve divide it in two parts, but if you are eager to make it from sea to sea, please contact us.
It's a great activity, with long schedule but we can adapt to our physical and emotional needs. Sometimes it is better just to stay and enjoy. The next day we'll see. Our mobile camps will be with us at all times, and we will alternated dinner in the mountain huts that are along the way. We have chosen some unique places to set up camp and enjoy the starry nights in the Pyrenees.
We meet at 9:00 am. 10:00 am Activity start
Last day we will get back to Bujaruelo and pick up our cars, from there we will go to Boltaña's spa.
Day 1: Bujaruelo - Ibones azules
Day 2: Ibones azules - Sallent Gállego
Day 3: Sallent Gállego - Ibones Anayet
Day 4: Ibones Anayet - Aguas tuertas
Day 5: Aguas tuertas - Zuriza
Day 6: Come back to Bujaruelo by van. Spa
The equipment is limited to what is necessary to bring during the route. We will give each passenger a personal 40 liter bag capacity to store everything you need and it will be carried by the mules.
The traveler should carry enough shelter and water.
Also, each person must take the material that is likely to break if the load carried by mules fall down.
In each chosen route will be a series of essential technical materials specified in each activity.
Essential equipment to Pack
- Hiking Boots: The boots should be comfortable, cover the ankles and it is essential that you have used them before this trip to avoid blisters and chafing. Some good socks are also very important.
- Comfortable to be in camp Shoes: A comfortable sandals or flip flops and you can keep up with socks (usually cool at night)
- Sleeping bag:
- Summer: Have at least a comfortable temperature of 0 º. The temperature at night can reach below zero.
- Spring and Autumn: You should expect a temperature of at least -5 ° (especially in high mountain routes).
- A Sleeping bag sheet is highly recommended, normally gives us a couple of degrees and helps keep the outer bag in good condition
- Clothing for walking in the mountains:
- thermal shirts
- waterproof clothes
- Sun protection:
- Sun cream factor 50 minimum
- Frontal (mining style) or Lantern: The batteries are necessary in both cases.
- Canteen one liter minimum.
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses, has a spare.
- Basic kit. If you need medications, do not forget.
- Documentation: Valid passport or identity card.
- Personal hygiene products.
You also should bring
- Batteries and memory cards parts for electrical appliances.