Sierra de Guara
The Natural Park of the Sierra de Guara and cannons ara part of the External Sierras Pirenaicas. It consists of limestones that have shaped the landscape resulting in canyons, needles, sinkholes, scree ...
Countless paths to do in the park, but for a first contact, the route chosen is the best.
The route starts in the village of Rodellar, famous for its ravines and climbing in the area. We start at Mascún River’s gorge, and through it, will reach abandoned villages as Otín or Nasarre. From Nocito’s village, we will go up to Tozal de Guara (2,077 m), to delight us with some of the best views of the Central Pyrenees. The quiet and beautiful climb, holds for us many surprises along the way. The end of the journey passes through dams and gullies to reach the mythical Salto del Roldán, consisting of gravel and boulders that were carried by rivers from the Pyrenees to the Ebro depression.
These conglomerates are home to many birds, and the views over the Hoya de Huesca and the Pyrenees, are simply spectacular.
The equipment is limited to what is necessary to bring during the route. We will give each passenger a personal 40 liter bag capacity to store everything you need and it will be carried by the mules.
The traveler should carry enough shelter and water.
Also, each person must take the material that is likely to break if the load carried by mules fall down.
In each chosen route will be a series of essential technical materials specified in each activity.
Essential equipment to Pack
- Hiking Boots: The boots should be comfortable, cover the ankles and it is essential that you have used them before this trip to avoid blisters and chafing. Some good socks are also very important.
- Comfortable to be in camp Shoes: A comfortable sandals or flip flops and you can keep up with socks (usually cool at night)
- Sleeping bag:
- Summer: Have at least a comfortable temperature of 0 º. The temperature at night can reach below zero.
- Spring and Autumn: You should expect a temperature of at least -5 ° (especially in high mountain routes).
- A Sleeping bag sheet is highly recommended, normally gives us a couple of degrees and helps keep the outer bag in good condition
- Clothing for walking in the mountains:
- thermal shirts
- waterproof clothes
- Sun protection:
- Sun cream factor 50 minimum
- Frontal (mining style) or Lantern: The batteries are necessary in both cases.
- Canteen one liter minimum.
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses, has a spare.
- Basic kit. If you need medications, do not forget.
- Documentation: Valid passport or identity card.
- Personal hygiene products.
You also should bring
- Batteries and memory cards parts for electrical appliances.