This is walk is oriented for facing the Pyrenees as our background landscape, but is especially recommended for anyone who wants to discover some of the jewels of our most powerful Romanesque art.
We will visit the village of Ascaso, located above the Ara River. In it, before continuing our journey, we will see the awesome color painted sundials on the buildings walls, ways to measure the time that not "worth" what we feel today. In the medieval bridge, we can take a break to eat and bathe in the carved white limestone pools.
We will continue to Morillo of Sampietro. This is a village situated on a magic promontory, inhabited only occasionally. Apart from the beauty of the place itself, and once installed on any of the meadows surrounding the village, we will visit the excellent Romanesque church of San Lorenzo. A construction that retains apse and header since the twelfth century. Inside we will see the oldest French-Gothic paintings of Aragon and the rest of its interesting architecture. We will go back to the Sierra and walk until “Muro de Bellos”, abandoned village that is a real balcony over the Cinca’s river and its valley.
Next day we will walk down the mountain until San Vicente de Labuerda, where we will face one of the jewels of European Romanesque: The church was consecrated in 1181. we will visit the "esconjuradero" and walk around each of its corners.
Meeting point at 9:00 am in Labuerda's village.
We get the van and go to "Camino viejo Ascaso"
10:00 am, we start to walk
We will reach Labuerda's village in the afternoon, then have dinner.
Meet in Labuerda 10:00 AM, get the van until Ascaso's village, start the trek.
Starts from Morillo de San Pietro heading to the the pass. From there we will head to Muro de Bellos
From Muro de Bellos we will reach San Vicente de Labuerda. End of the route.
The equipment is limited to what is necessary to bring during the route. We will give each passenger a personal 40 liter bag capacity to store everything you need and it will be carried by the mules.
The traveler should carry enough shelter and water.
Also, each person must take the material that is likely to break if the load carried by mules fall down.
In each chosen route will be a series of essential technical materials specified in each activity.
Essential equipment to Pack
- Hiking Boots: The boots should be comfortable, cover the ankles and it is essential that you have used them before this trip to avoid blisters and chafing. Some good socks are also very important.
- Comfortable to be in camp Shoes: A comfortable sandals or flip flops and you can keep up with socks (usually cool at night)
- Sleeping bag:
- Summer: Have at least a comfortable temperature of 0 º. The temperature at night can reach below zero.
- Spring and Autumn: You should expect a temperature of at least -5 ° (especially in high mountain routes).
- A Sleeping bag sheet is highly recommended, normally gives us a couple of degrees and helps keep the outer bag in good condition
- Clothing for walking in the mountains:
- thermal shirts
- waterproof clothes
- Sun protection:
- Sun cream factor 50 minimum
- Frontal (mining style) or Lantern: The batteries are necessary in both cases.
- Canteen one liter minimum.
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses, has a spare.
- Basic kit. If you need medications, do not forget.
- Documentation: Valid passport or identity card.
- Personal hygiene products.
You also should bring
- Batteries and memory cards parts for electrical appliances.