Leaving from the old Spanish custom house of Bielsa we will take the path through the forest, close to the cliff, to trace the beautiful valley to the plains where his cottage sits surrounded by spectacular scenery and geology. We will stay there and enjoy a peaceful afternoon or leave it behind and make an one hour climb to the pass that gives name to this historic harbor.
The next day we have two options: A sporty one, canyoning the Trigoniero Canyon with stunning encasements in their multiple abseils in waterfalls.
Or, more alpine one will be to make a circular route visiting the mountain lakes of Trigoniero and Mener. Idyllic places both of them.
Interesting route for its environment, geology, and history of smuggling, and even archaic Pyrenean mining.
From the old border.
Walk to the camp 3:30 h
Camp - Mountain pass 1:30 h
Canyoning will take us around 3 hours.
If we choose to do the round route to the mountain lakes it will take us around 4 hours.
The equipment is limited to what is necessary to bring during the route. We will give each passenger a personal 40 liter bag capacity to store everything you need and it will be carried by the mules.
The traveler should carry enough shelter and water.
Also, each person must take the material that is likely to break if the load carried by mules fall down.
In each chosen route will be a series of essential technical materials specified in each activity.
Essential equipment to Pack
- Hiking Boots: The boots should be comfortable, cover the ankles and it is essential that you have used them before this trip to avoid blisters and chafing. Some good socks are also very important.
- Comfortable to be in camp Shoes: A comfortable sandals or flip flops and you can keep up with socks (usually cool at night)
- Sleeping bag:
- Summer: Have at least a comfortable temperature of 0 º. The temperature at night can reach below zero.
- Spring and Autumn: You should expect a temperature of at least -5 ° (especially in high mountain routes).
- A Sleeping bag sheet is highly recommended, normally gives us a couple of degrees and helps keep the outer bag in good condition
- Clothing for walking in the mountains:
- thermal shirts
- waterproof clothes
- Sun protection:
- Sun cream factor 50 minimum
- Frontal (mining style) or Lantern: The batteries are necessary in both cases.
- Canteen one liter minimum.
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses, has a spare.
- Basic kit. If you need medications, do not forget.
- Documentation: Valid passport or identity card.
- Personal hygiene products.
You also should bring
- Batteries and memory cards parts for electrical appliances.