Wilderness Selva de Oza (Oza's forest)
Many people are unaware that much of the high meadows that surround us today between 1500 and 2000 meters, were forests like the Oza one until the sixteenth century. At that time, large farmers (powerful people those times) surrendered to the kings asking for favors to cutting down trees and burn their forests, thus extending the pastures and enhance their large herds. It has not changed anything ...
But aside from curious policies, the truth is that walk around Oza will hook you. It is a paradise anchored in the deepest part of our natural history. Beech, fir, queixigos, are mixed with maple and rowan trees that give the red autumn. One of the few strongholds left to the big bear to be quiet. Walking through Oza always feel his presence, it's a feeling. If you are lucky enough maybe you’ll see the bear’s footprints somewhere. Is a forest to walk slowly, enjoying the surroundings and abundant wildlife, especially birds of forest as the hawk, jay and varieties of woodpeckers, such as the Middle Peak, in Aragon is one of the few places where we can see it. Come to Oza and take it in the memory.
The equipment is limited to what is necessary to bring during the route. We will give each passenger a personal 40 liter bag capacity to store everything you need and it will be carried by the mules.
The traveler should carry enough shelter and water.
Also, each person must take the material that is likely to break if the load carried by mules fall down.
In each chosen route will be a series of essential technical materials specified in each activity.
Essential equipment to Pack
- Hiking Boots: The boots should be comfortable, cover the ankles and it is essential that you have used them before this trip to avoid blisters and chafing. Some good socks are also very important.
- Comfortable to be in camp Shoes: A comfortable sandals or flip flops and you can keep up with socks (usually cool at night)
- Sleeping bag:
- Summer: Have at least a comfortable temperature of 0 º. The temperature at night can reach below zero.
- Spring and Autumn: You should expect a temperature of at least -5 ° (especially in high mountain routes).
- A Sleeping bag sheet is highly recommended, normally gives us a couple of degrees and helps keep the outer bag in good condition
- Clothing for walking in the mountains:
- thermal shirts
- waterproof clothes
- Sun protection:
- Sun cream factor 50 minimum
- Frontal (mining style) or Lantern: The batteries are necessary in both cases.
- Canteen one liter minimum.
- If you wear glasses or contact lenses, has a spare.
- Basic kit. If you need medications, do not forget.
- Documentation: Valid passport or identity card.
- Personal hygiene products.
You also should bring
- Batteries and memory cards parts for electrical appliances.